Recent Advances in AdS/CFT
9 - 19 January 2019
Stanley Mandelstam was an eminent South African-born American Theoretical Physicist and a Wits graduate. He made seminal contributions to Particle Physics and String Theory. This series of schools, named in Stanley Mandelstam’s honor, aims to expose local South African Theoretical Physicists, both post-graduate students and academics, to exciting recent developments in Theoretical High Energy Physics. The School is followed by a high level workshop that aims to stimulate discussion and interaction which might lead to new research directions and collaborations. The meeting brings leading experts together to accomplish these goals.
Venue: The Protea Hotel Edward Durban.
Format: We have number of international plenary lecturers who will each deliver a pedagogical talk (aimed at graduate students) at the School. Each lecture will last for one hour. The workshop will be used for cutting edge research talks, both by the School lecturers and by international and local participants. The loose format of the school leaves plenty of time for discussion and collaboration.
Funding: Funding is provided by the National Research Foundation (NRF), a grant from the Simons Foundation and the Mandelstam Institute for Theoretical Physics (MITP).
- Fernando Alday (Oxford U.)
- David Berenstein (UCSB)
- Nicolas Boulanger (Université de Mons)
- Simone Giombi (Princeton U.)
- Jeff Murugan (Cape Town U.)
- Sanjaye Ramgoolam (Queen Mary)
- Sasha Zhiboedov (Harvard U.)
- Robert de Mello Koch (Wits), robert[~at~]neo.phys.wits.ac.za, +27-11-717-6826
- Kevin Goldstein (Wits)
- Shinji Hirano (Wits)
- Vishnu Jejjala (Wits)
- Antal Jevicki (Brown)
- João Rodrigues (Wits)
- Sanjaye Ramgoolam (Wits & Queen Mary, London)
- Konstantinos Zoubos (UP)
- Ashleigh Davids, firstname.lastname@example.org, +27-11-717-6838